Welcome To Legacy Grain Cooperative
Our Mission Statement:
Advancing our Legacy by creating value via modern facilities, dedicated employees, superior service, and sound marketing.
[read more about Legacy Grain]
|Aug 01, 2022|
|Sep 01, 2022|
|Jan 01, 2023|
|Sep 01, 2023|
|Jan 01, 2024|
All grain prices are subject to change at any time.
Cash bids are based on 10-minute delayed futures prices, unless otherwise noted.
- Hogs Higher to Start New Week
- Lean hog futures shrugged off early session weakness, with contracts closing 17 to 55 cents higher. The USDA’s National Average Base Hog price was $115.61 on Monday afternoon, down $8.08 from the previous day’s report. The August 11th CME Lean Hog Index was up 7 cents to $121.93. Front month...
- Cattle Weaker on Monday
- Live cattle futures settled the Monday session with contracts down 25 cents to $1.07. Last week’s cash trade was mostly $144-148 in the north and $140 in the south. Most of Monday was compiling showlists. Feeders tried to capitalize on the weaker corn futures, with only August up 30 cents....
- Cotton Settles Locked Limit Up
- Cotton futures used the expended limits on Monday, with nearby contracts up the new limit of 5 cents. Other contracts were up triple digits for the 23 crop. Outside factors were largely ignored, with crude oil down $4.24/barrels and the dollar index sharply higher. Follow through buying came from Friday’s...
- Soybeans Close Sharply Lower to Start the Week
- Soybean futures recovered off early day session lows by ~30 cents, with contracts closing 30 to 42 cents lower in the front months on Monday. Weaker economic data out of China caused a cut to interest rates in the country. Pressure was also coming via the product values, as Meal...
- Corn Heads Lower on Monday
- Corn futures ended the Monday session 12 to 14 cents in the red. Deferred contracts for the 23/24 crop were steady to 5 ¼ cents lower. Pressure came from rains across parts of the Corn Belt on Monday. The forecast in the 8-14 day timeframe calls for cooler and better...
- Wheat Comes Off Lows, Still Close Weaker
- Wheat futures ended the Monday session with losses despite coming ~20-25 cents off the lows in several active contracts. MPLS spring wheat futures led the say lower, down 8 to 9 ½ cents. KC was next in line, down 6 ½ to 9 cents, CBT futures were down 3 to...
HOURS: MONDAY - FRIDAY 7AM - 4PM.
2022 Fall NGMO Soybean Program Premium will be $1.80
Please Contact the Stonington Office (325-3211) or Moweaqua Office (768-4416) if you are interested in the NGMO program.
DAILY MARKET COMMENTARY
Stonington, Illinois (62567)